Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weekend catch-up!

Happy weekend, everyone!  I got to leave work a little early yesterday so I could skip out to Worcester for my friends' wedding.  I worked with Mike at the EcoTarium and Krystal was a volunteer there.  If two people could ever really be made for each other, it's them.  They balance each other so perfectly.  Their wedding was beautiful and fun--a great kick-off to the weekend!
Me and the beautiful bride!
We got home pretty late, so it was only right that we stayed in bed a little late today.  When we got up, Matt and I went to the Route 9 Diner for breakfast.  I had a Sante Fe omelet (avocado, tomato, and onion--topped with LOTS of Frank's Hot Sauce.  Yum!) and Matt had Irish Eggs Benedict (English muffins topped with homemade corned beef hash, a poached egg, and Hollandaise--I stole a few bites and it was delicious!). 

When I came home, I forced myself to do some laundry and watched some Felicity on Netflix.  Then, I did something pretty awesome.
No, I didn't upload the incorrect picture.
Why is a closed door amazing?  Well, it's my closet door and I haven't been able to easily close it since we moved into our current apartment in June.  There are some hooks on the doors and for some reason I've been just hanging stuff up there rather than really putting it away.  My shoes were all falling off the racks and it was basically chaos.
Now it looks like this!
I should have really taken a "before" picture so it made more sense why this is a triumph for humanity, but I didn't, so you'll just have to trust me.  I got another bag of stuff for Goodwill and a dress and purse that I might be able to get some cash for from the consignment shop.  Getting rid of stuff always makes it easier to give everything a place.  Since I have a lot of clothes and not a ton of room in my dresser and closet, I have some plastic drawers that I use for off-season clothes and miscellaneous stuff that I don't use as much.  They were totally disorganized and full of stuff that I just couldn't deal with.
Those little pink things?  Post-its with labels of the drawer's contents.   Yeah, I'm crazy.
To reward myself for all of this organization, I bought myself my first-ever cashmere sweater.
Isn't it dreamy?
I've been wanting to invest in a good cashmere sweater for awhile now, but I could never decide what kind of sweater, what color, what weight, etc.  It felt like this huge commitment so I just never got one.  But, today was the day.  Oatmeal is one of my go-to colors since it goes with everything and that buckle--amazing!  Also, I really strongly favor cardigans with a sort of drapey bottom, so this is right up my alley.  It's also SO SOFT.  Thank you, Cynthia Rowley and whoever is responsible for this sweater ending up for more than 50% off its retail value at TJ Maxx.

Now I'm hanging out, finishing laundry, and planning my meals for the week while I let in a little fall air and burn my Autumn candle.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Today I am...
happy that:  the fall weather is back and hopefully here to stay!  Sweater weather is my favorite!
less than happy that:  it's starting to get darker a lot earlier these days.
daydreaming about: wearing my new sweater.  I might just keep going to pet it.

 
Current reading:  I finished Hunger Games earlier this week and I absolutely loved it!  Just getting into Catching Fire now, but I'm liking it a lot so far.
Next up:  Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins 
Playing on the flute:  I tried playing the Zelda theme song the other day (I thought Matt would like it), but the neighbors' dog was freaking the eff out so I decided to stop.  I really need to have my flute tuned up.  Yeah, that must be the problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment